It isn’t easy keeping a cool head during a dental emergency. That’s why it’s good to have a contingency plan. One of the most important things to remember is the team at Vanguard OnCall Dental Urgent Care in Derry NH.
Let’s consider what you should and shouldn’t do if you have an urgent dental issue.
- DON’T throw away any tooth fragments.
- DON’T wait to see a dentist.
- DO rinse mouth with warm water. If the area is bleeding, put a piece of gauze on it (cautiously!).
- DON’T ignore it.
- DON’T let food get stuck in the hole.
- DON’T bite down on the tooth.
Call u to schedule an appointment right away.
- DON’T lose the crown.
- DON’T use all-purpose or “super” glue to cement it back on the tooth. You can try denture adhesive to keep it in place temporarily until you can get to our office.
- DON’T touch the root of the tooth.
- DON’T clean off any tissue attached to it.
- DON’T scrub the tooth. It’s okay to rinse it gently with warm water.
If a tooth is knocked out, time is of the essence. Seek treatment immediately.
At Vanguard OnCall Dental Urgent Care in Derry NH specialize in emergency dentistry People from Londonderry, Salem, and Chester count on us after a tooth trauma. Walk-ins are always welcome!
Contact Vanguard OnCall Dental Urgent Care:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):