This article from Vanguard OnCall Dental Urgent Care is about what to do if one of your dental crowns comes off.
Crowns are placed with a strong adhesive, but can still loosen and come off. It may have loosened or come off while brushing, flossing, or even simply eating.
If this has happened to you, don’t stress! Here is what to do if your crown comes off.
There are three steps:
1. First things first: if your crown has come off entirely, find it. We may be able to re-attach it. If you think you may have accidentally swallowed it, it’s not the end of the world. This is fairly common. You will need to have a new one made.
2. The second thing you need to do is call your dentist. If you’re still going to the same dental practice that originally put it in, they might put it back free of charge. Especially if you got the crown recently.
If you have moved, or don’t currently have a dentist, give us a call. We’ll reattach it for a reasonable rate.
Remember these two important things:
- Even if we didn’t create the crown service, we can re-attach it for you.
- If the crown is broken, we can construct a replacement crown in one visit.
3. What if your crown comes off after business hours or on the weekend? No problem. We are an urgent care dental practice with extended hours.
At Vanguard OnCall Urgent Dental Care, we offer urgent dental care and provide same day crowns. Walk-ins are always welcome.
Contact Vanguard Dental Group Oncall Urgent Dental Care:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):
19D Manchester Rd Ste 3A
Derry, New Hampshire