Get Tooth Pain Relief Now in Derry
Tooth pain is distracting and even debilitating. Contact your trusted emergency dentist for a consultation and exam. The Vanguard Dental Group in Derry can help you determine the cause of the tooth pain, and get you back on track for optimal comfort and health..
Tooth pain may be characterized by a constant, dull ache or a sharp, shooting, or throbbing pain at irregular times. If you need toothache relief, contact OnCall Dental Urgent Care right away.
Is My Tooth Pain a Dental Emergency?
Severe tooth pain is considered a dental emergency, because it may indicate an urgent underlying problem. Our experienced dentists leave ample time in their schedules to treat same-day and walk-in dental emergencies.
Some of the reasons for tooth pain include:
- Decay: Deep decay can cause serious pain. The earlier the problem is addressed, the better your chances of saving the tooth, and the more money you save!
- Gum disease: Moderate to advanced gum disease may cause dental pain, and should be treated immediately before the teeth become weak and fall out.
- Ear infection, sinusitis, or other conditions that inflame the area around the mouth and jaw: The earlier we detect these health issues, the better off you’ll be.
- Damaged pulp: When the pulp, or inner nerves of the tooth become infected, an emergency root canal is necessary to save the natural tooth and provide toothache relief.
Let’s Find a Tooth Pain Solution
The best way to find permanent toothache relief is with a visit to your emergency dentist. They will find the source of the tooth pain, and can provide the correct treatments to stop the pain for good.
While on your way to our office, you may choose to take anti-inflammatory pain medication, such as aspirin or ibuprofen, for some temporary toothache relief. Other toothache remedies include:
- Gel-based oral pain relievers
- Warm tea bags applied to the area
- Salt water or peroxide rinse
- Cold compress applied to the area
Remember that these toothache remedies are temporary, but will help until you can see your dentist. If you are in the Manchester – Salem area and need lasting toothache relief, give our Derry office a call right away!